An easy way to sneak in extra vegetables into your day! Try this as a side dish with your next meal. Alternatively, you can also experiment and make this the star of your dish in different ways such as cauliflower “fried rice”, red beans and “rice”, or a “rice” casserole.
16 oz fresh cauliflower
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Remove the large stem from the cauliflower head and leave the florets in large pieces. Using a box grater, grate the cauliflower into “rice”. Alternatively, you can use a food processor to chop the cauliflower into “rice”.
2. Place riced cauliflower into a cheese cloth and squeeze to remove any moisture.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Spray a cooking sheet with oil. Combine riced cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on the sheet tray and roast for 25 minutes, stirring every so often. (Alternatively, you can sauté in a skillet for 4-5 minutes or microwave 2-3 minutes until soft)
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon.