A simple to prepare slow cooked meal! Perfect for a fall evening meal. Great on its own, or serve with a fresh salad for a light vegetable side.
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 pound carrots, peeled & cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 pound baby bella or shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps quartered
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 fresh thyme sprigs
2 fresh oregano sprigs
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 (6-oz) bone-in pork chops
salt & black pepper, as desired
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 oz whole wheat egg noodles
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1. Coat 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine stock, sherry vinegar, and flour in slow cooker. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, thyme sprigs, and oregano sprigs.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper, as desired. Add pork chops to pan and cook 2 minutes on each side to get a little color. Place in slow cooker.
3. Add wine to skillet over medium high heat and cook 30 seconds while scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon wine mixture over pork chops in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
4. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
5. Remove pork chops from slow cooker. Remove and throw away fresh herb sprigs. Add heavy cream and black pepper (as desired), stir to combine. Stir in cooked egg noodles and combine. Divide noodle mixture among 4 plates and top each with 1 pork chop. Drizzle any remaining sauce left in slow cooker over the pork chops. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves to garnish and serve!