A healthier take on the classic meatball. A great way to sneak in more vegetables into your diet, inside the meatball! Serve over spiralized zucchini and a homemade tomato marinara for a vegetable packed meal.
½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
6 oz kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
¼ cup chopped yellow onion
1 large egg
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
¼ cup skim milk (optional)
1 tsp salt free Italian seasoning
½ tsp salt
1 pound lean ground turkey
1. Pulse the oats in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add the kale, garlic, and onion, pulse until finely chopped and the texture is crumbly. Add the egg, parmesan cheese, milk (if needed), Italian seasoning, salt and turkey; stir or mix with your hands to combine.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. Shape the turkey meatballs using a tablespoon for portion control (about 36 meatballs). Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake the meatballs in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.