My new go-to for pork marinade! This would work not only for pork loins, but also pork chops or cubed pork for kebabs! Oven roast or grill after marinating for delicious and tender pork. I love to serve this dish with roasted veggies like potatoes and brussels sprouts.
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp dried italian blend seasoning
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pork Roast Ingredients:
1-2 lb pork loin
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a zip top bag. Add pork loin, and cover with marinade. Zip bag closed, remove as much air as possible. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a sheet pan, add aluminum foil large enough to hold pork loin. Lay down sliced onions.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Remove pork from marinade, discard marinade. Sear pork loin on two sides until lightly golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Top sliced onions with pork loin, smear Dijon mustard on top of pork loin. Crimp another piece of aluminum foil over top to create a “tent”, but allow enough room for heat to circulate inside the “tent”. Be sure all edges are crimped closed.
5. Roast in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Remove from oven, and take off top layer of aluminum foil, let rest about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with onions.
7. Optional: after removing top layer of aluminum foil, broil for a couple minutes until a nice crust forms on top. (crust will form from the mustard that was rubbed on top prior to roasting)