I know I will be grilling up some delicious food this Labor Day weekend, and these pork steaks are one of my specialties! In no way is this one of the healthiest items you can grill, but it sure is delicious! Serve with grilled corn, grilled asparagus, or assorted grilled skewered veggies! I can smell the BBQ smoke already..
4-6 pork steaks
Chicago steak seasoning (or any seasoning blend to your liking)
BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1. Start up the grill. I like to use charcoal. Light up the charcoal only on one side of the grill so you can use the indirect heat later.
2. Season the pork steaks on both sides with your desired seasoning blend.
3. Grill the steaks over medium high heat until about cooked through, around 10-15 minutes. Flip at least once.
4. In a large aluminum roasting pan, add equal amounts BBQ sauce and light beer. Stir to combine. Add in the cooked pork steaks. Stir in more sauce and beer as needed until the pork steaks are just about covered. Wrap the pan with aluminum foil and place on the grill on the side without the charcoal, to use indirect heat. Close the grill cover.
5. Cook for at least 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until tender. Check every so often to ensure the liquid has not evaporated.
For an alternate cooking method, you can finish the pork steaks in the oven at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours.
Yield: 4-6 servings (one pork steak)