Fresh & bright! A deliciously light meal. I love to serve this with Parmesan Garlic Orzo and fresh steamed broccoli. Perfect for everything from a casual dinner party to a weeknight meal.
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (cut in half lengthwise)
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
all purpose flour, for dredging
4 Tbsp butter, divided
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
1/4 cup brined capers
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
2. In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter with 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Remove skillet from heat and add lemon juice, white wine (or chicken stock), and capers. Scrape the bottom to get the tasty browned bits. Return skillet to heat and bring to a boil. Add chicken back to the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from pan and place on the serving platter. Add in remaining 2 Tbsp butter and stir to combine. Sauce will thicken slightly. Stir in parsley and pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley, as desired.
Yield: 4 servings (265 calories, 19 g total fat, 7 g carbohydrates, 19 g protein)
Adapted from jocooks.com