Chocolate, peanut butter, bananas, oats… what more could you ask for? These delicious fudgy cookies are a snap to throw together and satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way! The flaxseeds add in fiber and heart healthy fats.
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 small very ripe banana, smashed (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 – 1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup low-fat milk
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts, optional
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt peanut butter and mashed banana together in a large skillet over low heat until melted. Stir well to combine. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in honey, cocoa powder, flaxseed, milk, oats, and salt. (The mixture will be thick)
4. Drop cookie dough balls (about 2 Tbsp) on the baking sheet, molding into a round flat shape. Press a few mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts onto tops, if desired.
5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
6. Keep covered in the refrigerator and consume within one week. Cookies can also be frozen.
Yield: 16 cookies
Adapted from sallysbakingaddition.com