A simple and easy summer pasta dish! Quick to throw together with bright summer flavors. Serve with some crusty bread and a fresh salad for a complete meal.
24-30 medium-large shrimp, deveined and peeled
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup white wine
5 cloves garlic, chopped small
1 cup chopped red and yellow bell peppers
1/2 tsp – 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp mixed seasoning (like Montreal Seasoning)
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
1 carton grape tomatoes, halved
4 oz fresh sugar snap peas
1/2 pack linguine
1. Turn broiler on high. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and place tomatoes cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook linguine according to package directions. Throw in sugar snap peas during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
3. While pasta cooks, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil and butter. Add chopped garlic and diced peppers and cook about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and add to pan with garlic and peppers.
5. Season as desired with red pepper flakes and seasoning blend.
6. Add lemon juice and white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook until shrimp are opaque and pink, sauce slightly thickens — be sure to not overcook shrimp!
7. Remove pan from heat, add in lemon zest. Toss the shrimp and sauce with drained pasta, sugar snap peas, and oven roasted tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Adapted from MenuMusings