Let me start off with saying that this is NOT a healthy recipe!! But when I crave deviled eggs, I want them stuffed with bacon and cheese! This decadent take on the classic dish will sure be a hit at your next party or brunch.
12 large eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 sliced bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 green onion, finely chopped, divided
1. To hard boil eggs, place whole eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring pot to a boil. Remove pot from heat and cover with a lid. Let eggs stand for about 12 minutes. Drain and then place in a ice water bath – cool completely. Peel off shell.
2. Half eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside.
3. Place yolks in a small bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, honey mustard, salt and pepper. Fold in crumbled bacon, cheese and half of the green onions.
4. Put egg yolk mixture in a zip-top bag. Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag. Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Garnish with remaining green onions and additional bacon, if desired
5. Cover and chill until serving. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
Yield: 12 servings (164 calories, 14 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 7 g protein)
Adapted from bhg.com