A perfect Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch idea! Make this recipe for your mom and serve along with some fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast – sure to make your mom’s day! Add in whatever veggies you have in house to mix it up.
1 zucchini, 1-inch diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and 1 1/2 – inch diced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1 1/2 – inch diced
1 red onion, 1 1/2 – inch diced
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
12 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the zucchini, peppers and onion on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss well to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, toss again and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, parmesan, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
4. In a 10-inch ovenproof saute pan, melt the butter and sauté the scallions over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Add the roasted veggies to the pan and toss with the scallions. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat without stirring.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the frittata for 20-30 minutes, until puffed and set in the middle. Sprinkle with the gruyere and bake for another 3 minutes, until the cheese is just melted. Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot.