A healthy take on a classic Chinese dish. Make this quick & easy dish at home instead of picking up dinner to-go tonight!
5 oz medium egg noodles
sesame oil, for drizzling
11 oz skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp chile sauce (optional)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp peanut oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
5 oz bean sprouts
1 large bunch green onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook noodles per package directions. Drain and then run under cold running water. Drain again. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss well to prevent from sticking.
2. Season the chicken with a splash of soy sauce, the five-spice powder, and chile sauce. Mix well. Coat the chicken breast strips lightly with the cornstarch.
3. Heat a wok over high heat, add the peanut oil, and heat until smoking. Then, add the chicken, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Add the red bell pepper, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts and green onion and stir-fry for less than 1 minute.
5. Add the cooked noodles, and season with the soy sauce, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, and black pepper, to taste. Stir well and serve immediately.
Cooking Channel, Ching-He Huang, 2008