Homemade pizza is made easy with pre-made pizza crust in a can! Try this meatless pizza for dinner tonight for meatless monday!
whole wheat pizza dough (I use the canned pizza crust)
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 chopped cilantro
1 tsp hot sauce
2 tsp cumin
1 medium red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
4-5 green onions, finely chopped
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
sour cream or light ranch for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or what pizza dough can says). Roll out the whole wheat pizza dough.
2. In a food processor, combine beans, oil, salt and black pepper to taste, cilantro, hot sauce, and cumin. Blend until it reaches your desired consistency – preferably somewhat smooth.
3. Spread bean mixture on pizza dough evenly as you can. Top with red bell pepper, green onions, and cheese.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbling.
5. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and if desired, drizzle with sour cream or ranch. Serve.
Adapted from http://www.melskitchencafe.com