A delicious and healthy granola trail mix perfect for a snack on the run or as an addition to your morning yogurt! Full of protein and healthy fats, this will keep you full and satisfied without the guilt!
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and brown sugar.
3. In a bowl cup, combine the maple syrup, oil, salt, and vanilla. Blend with a hand blender until frothy. (this will help to coat all the oats)
4. Combine both mixtures and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool. If desired, stir in dried cranberries.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 16 servings (235 calories, 11.5 g total fat, 1.9 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 30 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fiber, 5 g protein)
Adapted from Roxie Kelley’s Garrison Girls’ Granola Recipe