Beef up this dish with leftover chicken from Crock Pot Chicken Tacos or leave it meatless and add a fresh garden salad for a complete meal! A fun new take on the classic Italian lasagna.
3/4 cup bottled salsa
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 (14.5 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
6 pre-cooked lasagna noodles
1 cup whole-kernel corn (if frozen, thaw)
1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
2 cups reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine salsa, cumin, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Spread 2/3 cups of this sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Arrange two noodles over sauce, top with 1/2 cup corn and half of the beans. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with 2/3 cup sauce.
4. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 2 noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
5. Cover and bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings (415 calories, 13.3 g total fat, 6.1 g saturated fat, 27.2 g protein, 55.2 g carbohydrate, 10.4 g fiber, 41 mg cholesterol)
Cooking Light, June 2004