Quick to prepare – as little as 20 minutes prep and then let the slow cooker do the rest of the work! Serve with a fresh salad for a complete meal.
1 3/4 cup vertically sliced onion
2 cups baby carrots
1 pound small round potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 tsp paprika
6 (6-oz) skinless bone-in chicken thighs
1 tsp olive oil
chopped fresh thyme for garnish
1. Place onion in a 6-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray and top with carrots and potatoes.
2. Combine broth, wine, thyme, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pour mixture over vegetables.
3. Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Rub over chicken. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
4. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Garnish with additional fresh thyme.
Yield: 6 servings (229 calories, 4.9 g total fat, 1.1 g saturated fat, 21.7 g protein, 20.7 carbohydrate, 3.2 g fiber, 80 mg cholesterol)
Cooking Light, Oxmoor House 2012