A light a refreshing summer salad – a great way to use up that canned tuna in your pantry! Serve over a bed of mixed greens for a larger portion.
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
1 large cucumber
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 can (5-oz) tuna packed in olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp light mayo
1. Dice the avocado into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Toss with 1 Tbsp lime juice.
2. Peel strips from the cucumber and cut into fourths lengthwise. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
3. Whisk together the mayo and lime juice to make the dressing.
4. Add the chopped cucumbers, cilantro, and sliced green onions to the bowl with avocado. Add the dressing and stir just enough to combine.
5. Drain the oil from the tuna and use a fork to partly break apart the tuna into chunks. Gently stir the tuna into the salad. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Yield: 2-3 servings
recipe adapted from www.kalynskitchen.com