Is friday night pizza night at your house? Instead of ordering in, whip up some homemade (and healthier) pizza! Get the whole family involved in picking out and prepping pizza toppings. A fun and unique family dinner is in store tonight.
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
2. Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3. Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
4. Top with either homemade or canned tomato sauce and your favorite toppings! (cook all raw meats prior to topping pizza)
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Yield: 2 pizzas