Delicious and easy! I typically have all these ingredients at home, so it makes a great dinner on the fly! Serve over rice or couscous to soak up the tasty pan sauce.
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green bell pepper
2 Tbsp water
1 large plum tomato, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl (through garlic). Add salmon, turning to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Remove salmon from bowl, reserving marinade.
3. Place salmon, skin side down, in a 13×9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Cut lemon in half lengthwise, reserving 1 half for another use, and slice into 1/8 inch thick slices. Add lemon slices, bell peppers, water, and tomato slices to marinade. Stir to coat.
5. Arrange lemon mixture evenly over salmon and cover with foil.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Yield: 4 servings (319 calories, 15.6 g total fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 37.5 g protein, 6.7 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fiber, 87 mg cholesterol)
Cooking Light, October 2006