Light, quick, and delicious. Very few ingredients but yields great flavor! Serve with some steamed veggies and rice for a complete meal.
4 lemongrass stalks
2 limes, sliced into thin rounds
1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, cut lengthwise into thin strips
4 (6-0z) skin-on bass fillets, boneless
1 cup unfiltered sake
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare the lemongrass by removing the outer tough leaves (revealing the white center). Smash each stalk with the back of a knife to release the oils.
3. Lay the sliced limes in the bottom of a large baking dish. Evenly space the lemongrass on top of the limes and lay the ginger strips evenly around the lemongrass. Place the fillets on top of the pile and pour the sake over the fish. Season the fish with salt and pepper, as desired.
4. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the fish is beginning to flake, about 15 minutes.
5. Just before servings, spoon a little of the liquid from the dish over the fillets.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe from “5 Ingredient Fix” by Claire Robinson (Food Network)