A deliciously quick & easy weeknight meal at home. I often use a can of diced tomatoes to make this sauce when tomatoes are not in season.
4 chicken cutlets
salt and pepper, to taste
flour, for dusting
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/3 cup scallions, sliced
1. Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Dust with flour.
2. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
3. Sear cutlets on both sides for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a platter.
4. Pour off any excess fat from pan. Deglaze pan with vodka (away from open flame!!) and cook until nearly evaporated. Add broth and lemon juice. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side about 2 minutes, or until done. Transfer cutlets to a warm plate.
5. Finish sauce with tomatoes and cream. Heat through and pour sauce over cutlets.
6. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Yield: 2 servings (467 calories, 22g total fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber)
Adapted from a Recipe Found in Cuisine at Home