Make a special valentines day sweet breakfast or dessert without filling the table with chocolates and other sugar heavy sweets. Serve these delightfully pink squares for a healthy sweet surprise. After slicing, the squares may be individually wrapped and frozen for single servings. Mix it up with different flavors of yogurt and fruit!
1 cup crunchy wheat and barley cereal
3 cups low-fat strawberry greek yogurt
2 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
1 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 cup light whipped topping (optional)
1. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil. Sprinkle cereal evenly on the bottom of the pan and set it aside.
2. Place yogurt, strawberries, and condensed milk in a blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the blended ingredients into the pan on top of the cereal, gently smoothing the yogurt mixture to the edges of the pan.
4. Cover with foil and freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
5. Use the edges of the foil to loosen and remove the product from the pan.
6. Let thaw 5-10 minutes and cut into squares. Top with whipped topping, if desired.
National Dairy Council