A quick and easy meatless monday recipe. This dish can even be made up to 8 hours before baking – just store in the fridge and bring back to room temperature prior to baking. This recipe is one of my go-to weeknight meals.. easy to mix it up with different spices or by adding other ingredients like chicken!
1 (7-0z) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup bottled salsa
1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove 1 or 2 chiles from can, finely chop. Reserve remaining for another use.
3. Combine sour cream and chopped chiles in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Place half of beans in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chopped beans, remaining beans, and corn to sour cream mixture.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, place seam side down in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Spread salsa over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings (365 calories, 11.7 g total fat, 5.8 g saturated fat, 15.7 g protein, 55.3 g carbohydrate, 7.3 g fiber, 28 mg cholesterol)
Cooking Light, March 2003