I “Healthified” one of my own recipes!! My prior blog post, buffalo chicken cheese balls, was pretty high calorie because they were deep fried. Looking around on the internet, I saw a baked version of these balls! Lower calorie but still delicious. I will definitely be making these for Superbowl Sunday!
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups Corn Flakes cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken, hot sauce, pepper, cheese, cream cheese, and green onions in a bowl. Toss to combine. Roll the chicken mixture into 2-oz balls.
3. Crush the Corn Flakes cereal.
4. Place the flour, eggs, and crushed Corn Flakes in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, and then the Corn Flakes.
5. Place balls on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with light blue cheese or light ranch dressing.
Recipe adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny