These muffins are perfect to make on a lazy Sunday at home. I tend to make the full batch and eat the muffins as a quick & easy breakfast on the run for the rest of the week! Delicious both warm and cooled!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
chopped walnuts, as desired
1. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
3. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the bananas.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until blended.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (fill each cup about 3/4 full). Top each muffin with chopped walnuts, as desired.
6. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out fairly clean – about 25 minutes.
7. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.