Spice up fish night with a simple 4 ingredient spice rub. Serve with a fresh salad or a quinoa vegetable salad (see below for recipe) to make a complete meal.
4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
2 tsp grated lime rind
salt and pepper, to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
lime wedges (for garnish)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Combine lime rind, salt and pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle over fish.
4. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime wedges.
Yield: 4 Servings (318 calories, 18.5 g total fat, 3.7 g saturated fat, 34.2 g protein, 2.2 g carbohydrate, 100 mg cholesterol)
1. Combine 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth and 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring mixture to a boil.
2. Cover and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
3. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini and 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Cooking Light, May 2009