You can’t be healthy all the time! This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls is the perfect “cheat food” for a football Sunday! I still use light cream cheese and light mayonnaise to save some unnecessary calories!
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo)
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko
vegetable oil, for frying
1 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
1/2 cup packed blue cheese, crumbled
1 tsp hot sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp minced garlic
1. Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken, hot sauce, pepper, cheese, cream cheese, and green onions in a bowl. Toss to combine. Roll the chicken mixture into 2-oz balls.
3. Place the flour, eggs, and panko in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, and then the panko. Set aside.
4. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken balls in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. To make the dip, combine the mayo, blue cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, and garlic in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning if necessary.