When I think “chia” I think of the Chia Pet I had as a kid! Chia is the hottest new superfood out there – it is packed full of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and is a great source of fiber. It is a seed that can be eaten whole or ground up and added to many different food items.
Here are some ways to add Chia to your diet:
1. Mix in with peanut butter for a healthy snack full of fiber and omega-3s.
2. Look for pre-packaged foods with added chia seeds. It can be found in chips, frozen waffles, drinks, granola, and other health foods!
3. Add in to homemade baked goods – delicious baked into a homemade whole-wheat quick bread
4. Top low-fat yogurt with homemade granola with chia seeds
5. Blend ground up chia seeds into your favorite smoothie
6. Snack on them raw! They have a nutty flavor that is delicious just eaten alone!