The typical fast-food style orange beef : heathified! Great served over brown rice.
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
1 Tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp minced onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp cornstarch
12 oz beef flank steak sliced into thin strips
3 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp dry sherry
1. Thaw frozen vegetables, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until tender.
3. Put egg white in one bowl and cornstarch in another. Dip steak strips into egg white and then coat with cornstarch.
4. Add steak strips to pan and continue to stir fry until steak strips are lightly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and sherry. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a gentle simmer.
6. Add thawed vegetables and mix gently. Simmer until vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (2 cups meat and vegetables)
Nutrition Information per Serving: 261 calories, 9 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 23 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, 28 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber
Keep the Beat Recipes – Deliciously Healthy Dinners