White swai is a light white fish – delicious and flaky! This is one of my favorite fish recipes. Very simple yet packed full of delectable flavors. Pair with brown rice or a whole-wheat dinner roll and some steamed veggies for a light and satisfying meal.
6 tsp olive oil
4 fillets white swai (feel free to swap out for a different light white fish)
salt and pepper to taste
8 thin fresh lemon slices
8 sprigs fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 Tbsp bottled drained capers
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a large baking sheet, drizzle olive oil on 4 pieces of foil (large enough to make a foil packet to hold fish) with about 1/2 tsp oil each. Place 2 slices of lemon into each foil packet.
3. Pat fish dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Place one piece of fish on top of lemon in each foil packet.
4. Heat remaining 4 tsp olive oil in 10-inch skillet. Sauté garlic until pale golden. Add tomatoes and cook until softened. Stir in capers.
5. Spoon hot tomato mixture over fish. Top each fish with 2 sprigs of fresh thyme. Crimp foil packet together to form a tight seal.
6. Place in oven and cook about 10-12 minutes or until done.
7. Transfer the entire contents of the foil packet to platter for serving. Discard thyme before eating.