The weekend is almost here! Lately it has been too hot to go outside to grill, but with this gorgeous weather, I can’t help but want to go outside! This recipe makes some tasty kebobs that marinate very quickly! Perfect for a simple, laid-back night in on the back porch. Great over brown rice and served with some fresh salad or grilled veggies.
Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for Kebobs:
6 oz top sirloin or other beef steak cubes (12 cubes)
6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast (12 cubes)
1 large white onion, cut into squares (12 pieces)
12 cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, cut into squares (12 pieces)
12 wooden or metal skewers
1. Start the grill or oven broiler on high temperature
2. Combine ingredients for marinade, and divide between two bowls. One bowl is to marinate the meat, and one bowl is for cooking and serving.
3. Mix the meat, onion, tomatoes, and red pepper in one bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Discard remaining marinade.
4. Place one piece of beef, chicken, tomato, onion, and pepper on each of the 12 skewers.
5. Grill or broil on each of the 4 sides for 2-3 minutes or until completely cooked. Spoon most of the second half of the marinade over the kebobs while cooking.
6. Serve 3 skewers per serving. Drizzle the remaining marinade on top of each kebob before serving. (only use marinade that did not touch raw meat)
Yield: 4 servings (3 skewers)
Nutrition Information per Serving: 202 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 2g fiber, 18g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 431mg potassium
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners – U.S Department of Health and Human Services