What did I have for breakfast this morning? A modified french toast – PB Breakfast Sandwiches! Delicious and filling, it provided enough protein and calories to keep me moving throughout the morning.
1/8 cup peanut butter
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 beaten egg white
1/8 cup milk
ground cinnamon to taste
1 tsp butter
1/8 cup preserves (I used strawberry!)
1. Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread and drizzle honey over the peanut butter.
2. Cut banana in half lengthwise and arrange on one slice of prepared bread. Top with the second bread slice, peanut butter side down.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine egg white, milk, and cinnamon. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
6. Melt butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. While sandwiches cook, heat fruit preserves until melted.
8. Cut sandwich in half, drizzle warm fruit preserves over top.
Modified from a recipe on http://www.food.com