A yummy new take on the typically higher-calorie fried rice. Swap the traditional rice for protein packed quinoa and load in the vegetables for a meatless yet filling meal! If you desire more protein, top with marinated grilled shrimp or chicken.
2 large eggs, beaten
4 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I like the baby bellas)
1 head broccoli, cut into bit-size pieces
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup corn (thawed from frozen works nicely)
1/2 cup peas (thawed from frozen works nicely)
2 carrots, grated
3 cups cooked quinoa (I cook in low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth for more flavor)
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
3 Tbsp soy sauce
Sriracha, as desired
2 green onions, sliced
1. Coat skillet with cooking spray and fry eggs until cooked through. Let cool and chop into small pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion become translucent.
3. Add mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add corn, peas, carrots, and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through.
5. Stir together ginger, soy sauce, and sriracha. Pour into skillet and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
6. Stir in green onions and eggs. Serve. Drizzle with more sriracha, if desired.
Adapted from damndelicious.net